REC Inc needs your help to keep providing our programs
to Marin's adults with developmental disabilities.
There are many ways in which donors provide support: money, volunteer time,
equipment, expertise...all are very valuable to us!
We appreciate your continued support of REC Inc!
A few of our fabulous volunteers! Marin Chapter of Clipped Wings and Fathers/Daughters of Marin.
Click here for our Volunteer Photo Gallery!
Use the GOLD DONATE button to the LEFT... or send to the address below!
Please call Erin Duggan for special arrangements at 415 453-4847
PO Box 538
Fairfax, CA 94978
REC Inc is a 501c3 tax exempt organization; all donations are tax deductible.
A receipt will be provided for donations - Federal Tax ID 33-0999031.
Visit our PROGRAM SCHEDULE for upcoming ideas on when to join in the fun!
GENERAL VOLUNTEER DUTIES - see below (Volunteer Duties PDF)
These programs can always use a helping hand at events!
Basketball - (Basketball duties PDF)
Movie Night - (Movie duties PDF)
Party Night - (Party duties PDF)
3rd Friday Dance - (Dance duties PDF)
Sports Night- (See below for brief description)
To volunteer, please contact 415 453-4847.
HOW YOU CAN volunteer!
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
To sign up to volunteer please use this link: http://signup.com/go/AKsgysP
1) Don’t lose your password! Save it somewhere. We do can’t ever look the information up for you because we don’t have it – your password is the only way to retrieve your volunteer hours. This is how you get a print-out/verification form to hand in at your school.
2)Make sure you sign-in /or out with the person in charge. If you do not sign out, you will not get any credit. We sign the Volunteers our at the end of the evening so don’t leave early don’t forget to get signed out!!! Volunteers scatter at the end of the night – Don’t leave until you’ve ASKED and been signed out,
3) STUDENTS: Interested in doing your 50hr project with us? Email us right now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your main goals as a volunteer will be two things:
- Make sure the clients are having FUN by socializing with them and cheering them on.
- Help staff with set up, break down and other tasks as requested.
- It is IMPORTANT for volunteers to keep the FOCUS on the clients at all times: please do not take out your cellphone at any time. Spend time with the clients, please do not hang out with other volunteers and chat.
Below are some of the duties that 9th graders through adults may be asked to perform.
Sports Night (1hr 15min, one-time spots or 7 week commitment or 10-14 hrs) – 3 wacky sports per night. Giant Bowling, Beach ball Volleyball, Hockey, Giant Badminton and more. Anyone can play these highly adaptable games.
- You will be a part of the opposing team or asked to play alongside our gang.
- Bring all equipment out to the gym and put it away NEATLY.
- High five them when they reach a base or come home.
- Socialize with our gang; ask them about their lives!
3rd Friday Dance (3 hrs or ask about 1 year contract/commitment for 36 hrs total)
- Participate alongside clients in whatever they are doing.
- Clients will JOIN you if you DANCE at the front of the stage: go alone or with friends!
- Play balloon volleyball.
- Take $$ at the door or handout flters.
- Set-up and break down drink area, set-up and clean up gym.
- Special theme dances need extra help: Halloween, Christmas, Beach Night.
- Come dressed up for the theme.
Be Healthy (1.5 hrs - a 7 week commitment for 12 hrs a session.
- You and the clients will learn and practice healthy eating and lifestyle choices.
- Participate in easy movement routine.
- Model how to be attentive and participate.
World Beat Circle (1hr commitment)
- Learn moves with clients and do them with the clients.
- Set up and clean up class.
- Stay with clients while they wait for the bus 15 minutes past the end of class.
Party Night (2.5 hrs per event)
- Clients will be doing craft projects and socializing.
- Help the instructor set-up and breakdown.
- Assist clients with their crafts projects.
- Provide help with whatever the instructor asks.
- Socialize with our gang; ask them about their lives!
Basketball for Winners (1.5 hrs – if you want to play against our team email us and ask for open dates OR sign up to be a coach/referee/and Seal team player: That’s a season long commitment.PLEASE NOTE: You can ONLY expect to play basketball if you have scheduled a team to play against the seals: otherwise you will help run the program. You "may" be asked to play if we are short of players.
- Bring all equipment to the gym and put it away NEATLY at the end.
- Help them shoot hoops during warm ups
- Keep clients focused during Team Meeting.
- Read the team line-up and get the teams on and off the court at appropriate times.
- Cheer them on during the game.
- Help us run our “secret plays.”
- Socialize with our gang! Ask them about their lives!
- 1 year commitment: Referees & coaches are guaranteed play during games.
Movie Night/Mall Night 3.5 hours
Special Events - Contact us for more information! We have HUGE Movie Night events at the Lark Theater 4 times a year. Lions Club needs help at our private parties. We also have other events we need help with so feel free to ask.
- Help Clients get to their chosen Movie.
- Pay for yourself to see a movie with them OR sit and socialize with them at our table.
- Socialize with them! Ask them about themselves.
- Maybe walk with them around the mall, help them get their dinner.
- Escort them to their ride at the end of the night.
WE WANT YOU - For Our Mailing List!
We have two other mailings that go out each year just for YOU. It’s a brochure that describes new programs and includes color pictures of classes and events. Please call us (453-4847) with your mailing address if you want to be included in those special mailings.